Sick of jarred sauces? This is a homemade, healthier alternative to an alfredo sauce, and I can honestly say I prefer it to the original. Normally a rich, homemade alfredo will drive your calorie count up faster than a thermometer in August. But this low calorie alfredo swap is about to become your best friend. To give credit where it is due, this recipe is my own spin on this blogger‘s recipe.
- 2- Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2- Tbsp Flour (I used oat flour… it’s what we had)
- 1- Cup Chicken Broth (I used low sodium organic)
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Milk (I used 2% to use it up)
- 3- tsp Minced Garlic (I used the frozen cubes.)
- 3/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese (Fresh Grated)
- 1/4 cup Feta Cheese
- salt to taste
- (I also added a wee bit of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb salt free spice)
In a sauce pan combine olive oil, slight amount of salt, any seasonings, and garlic over medium heat, cook a few minutes and then add flour stirring constantly until nice and bubbly. Add chicken broth slowly while continuing to stir. Add milk, yogurt, and Parmesan Cheese. Bring to boil while stirring. Reduce heat to medium low Stir a long, long time until smooth.
This recipe makes 3 servings. Nutrition data is presented per-serving.
- Calories Per Serving: 263
- Total Fat:20.1 g
- Carbs: 6 g
- Fiber 0 g
- Protein 13.9 g